Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Meet my system: Cassi

I came first. Everyone since was born from me. I am the tip of a pyramid created for the sole purpose to keep one single person alive, in good health, in good mind and soul.  I first opened my eyes when the body was one and a half years old. The body was barely able to stand or walk on its own; I took control for nearly six months.  
I aged myself quickly, to always be years ahead of the body. It was... it is my responsibility to protect those who came after me.
I survived the most, saw the most, and remember the most of all who reside within. I see them as my young and my apprentices. I guide them. Only I know my memories, though I know the memories of everyone inside. This is because I was the first and the rest came from me.
I was asked recently if I recall my first memory; how I was created. To understand, I would need to explain how some view the existence of alternate personalities. Some professionals believe the reason the alternate personalities are created is due the mind trying to understand what is actually happening to the person and because they are so young, their cognitive reasoning of an event is limited. Based on that theory, which is completely plausible, the alternate personality is created with different cognitive reasoning skills and better equipped to grasp what is happening, even if just slightly better than the core personality.
I was created when the body, or Lyn, was one and a half years old. Her body was being violated by her father and I came to protect her. The best way to describe the experience is this; with the mind of a toddler, the brain can barely understand simple objects around them, let alone pain. Having an understanding of pain, or knowing to pull a hand away from a flame, is basic human reaction. However, if the body is made to withstand the pain, without the understanding of why they cannot flee that pain, the brain goes into overdrive and tries to fully understand the situation. Thereby either fully retreating into a dormant state such as sleeping or a fully unconscious state, or, as in Lyn’s situation, her brain created me in order to first take the pain and second to understand the pain. I did both with ease. I knew from that first moment what her life would be, what was in store for her, somehow I just knew.

I accepted my role fairly quickly and with reasonable ease. At first, I hated the role I was placed in because I could not fully understand why someone would need to be in that situation, however, I learned in order for Lyn to grow and remain a viable person for society in some way, I would need to protect her as best I could. When the torment became too much, I did what she did, I created the soldiers to first take the pain and second to understand the pain. There are some who still do not understand why they were placed in those roles but they knew they needed to in order to protect Lyn. She is our number one reason for being alive, the ONLY reason why we exist. There is no other reason. Plain and simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment