Tuesday, November 5, 2013

It's ok to feel good... it really is

It took me a long time to realize something that a lot of other people already know: It’s ok to feel good about yourself. Shocking! I am not an arrogant person, I am not completely narcissistic, I do not over praise myself, nor to demand constant recognition for a job well done. But I do feel good when I help people, when I solve a problem, when I find a solution, when I can make someone feel utterly warm and fuzzy about being them. We have things we contribute to the world, we all have talents that we can and should feel good about. Never allow someone else determine your worth because they don’t own you, your feelings, your thoughts, or behaviors. If someone tries to take your shiny, happy moment away, walk away. You are allowed to feel happy. You are allowed to bask in everything that is beautiful about you! If there is someone who is desperately trying to tell you otherwise, then they are toxic to your progress. They don’t deserve you.


I would like to personally thank you for being in the world, for being you, for being alive, and surviving!

No comments:

Post a Comment